Fuel subsidy for Free Ride Buses for Frontliners
April 15, 2020
One of the badly hit sectors of the economy is the petroleum industry, not just here in the Philippines, but on the whole wide world.
It was evident on the days before the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) the surging prices of diesel and gasoline, as well as kerosene and liquefied petroleum gas. But now, it has different story, the market is now dictated with a very low demand, overwhelming supply and such low prices. It is just because majority of the population in Luzon island is at home.
Despite this reality in the business facet, some private oil companies still have the means to accompany the Filipinos in their journey amid the ECQ and threat of COVID-19.
Last April 8, 2020, Wednesday within the holy week, the Department of Transportation has partnered with Total Philippines and CleanFuel for fuel subsidies for buses giving free rides for medical frontliners.
DOTr Press Release
08 April 2020
DOTr partners with CleanFuel, Total PH for provision of fuel subsidy to bus units…
CleanFuel will provide an approximate of 40 liters of biofuel to 20 bus units started last April 8 up to the end of the extended ECQ, April 30, 2020. The participating branches are CleanFuel Kamias in Quezon City and CleanFuel Biñan in Laguna.
Meanwhile, Total will provide free fuel to 30 participating bus units which will be given PhP 1,000.00 subsidy per bus unit. The petroleum company will also provide PhP 300.00 worth of subsidy to vehicles of medical frontliners. The fuel subsidy was started las April 3 and will continue until Friday, April 17, 2020.
The participating Total branches are as follows:
– Total Alabang, Filinvest Corporate City, Muntinlupa City
– Total NAIA, Tambo, Paranaque City
– Total EDSA Pasay, Malibay, Pasay City
– Total C5 Pasig, Bagong Ilog, Pasig City
– Total Greenhills, Ortigas Ave., San Juan
– Total R. Magsaysay, Sta. Mesa, Manila
– Total JP Rizal, Malanday, Marikina City
– Total Marcos Hi-way, Mayamot, Antipolo City, Rizal
– Total Valenzuela, Karuhatan, Valenzuela City
– Total Mindanao Ave., Bagong Pag-asa, Quezon City
– Total Commonwealth, Matandang Balara, Quezon City
– Total Tuguegarao 1, Carig Sur, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
– Total Rioeng, Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
– Total Abanao, Kisad Rd, Baguio City
– Total Cabcaben Hi-way, Mariveles, Bataan
– Total San Fernando, Dolores, San Fernando City, Pampanga
– Total San Jose Del Monte, Gov Fortunato Halili Rd, SJDM, Bulacan
– Total San Pedro Palawan, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
– FBT – San Agustin, San Agustin, Romblon
– FBT- San Angel, San Jose de Buenavista, Antique
– Total Bata-Pepsi, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
– Total Looc, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
– Total Tagbilaran, Tagbilaran City, Bohol
Other participating companies in the subsidy program are:
1. SEAOIL Philippines giving 50 liters of free fuel to 15 bus units which has started last Monday, April 13, 2020.
2. Petron Corporation giving 50 liters of gasoline to 60 bus units daily until the end of this month.
3. Phoenix Petroleum giving 50 liters of gasoline to 60 bus units daily until the end of this month.
DOTr Press Release
11 April 2020
DOTr partners with Seaoil PH to provide PhP405 thousand worth of free fuel for buses…
In his message, DOTr secretary Arthur Tugade thanked the participating companies in order to accomplish this endeavor. “Ito ay malaking tulong para makasiguro tayong tuluy-tuloy ang ating serbisyo upang makatulong sa ating mga health workers. Malaking bagay ho ito sa mga modernong bayani nating nagsasakripisyo para sa ating mga kababayan,” he said.
As of this writing, the Philippines has recorded 5,453 confirmed cases of COVID-19 where 349 patients died, and 353 patients have recovered.
DOH COVID-19 CASE BULLETIN #032
As of 4PM today, April 15, 2020, the Department of Health reports 230 new cases…
On April 8, 2020, the Department of Health admitted that 152 doctors and 63 nurses, who are in the frontlines, tested positive for COVID-19.
Salute to all health professionals and workers out there!
July 08, 2020
July 01, 2020
June 24, 2020