Panizza: The hand-rolled temptation
Christian Dela Cruz
August 12th, 2015
Not all donuts come out with a hole, so as the utopian feel of a romantic Italian appuntamento in Sorrento after that awesome bite from a perfect thin-crust hand-rolled pizza. Things get unexpected.
Chef Chris Locher, or simply Chef Chris, made a lot of Filipino foodies crave for the authentic taste of Italian dining, especially when he mastered the crisp and flavorful panizza.
Originally, Chef Chris started as a restaurateur in the Philippines when he established the famous C’ Italian Dining in Angeles, Pampanga. As opportunities show, Chef Chris took the chance of putting up another Italian restaurant in Paco, Manila.
My Kitchen by Chef Chris, located at The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, offers a wide variety of Italian menu complemented with a modern Italian interior to perfectly match your dining experience.
“If you say ‘it’s by Chef Chris Locher’, people would say ‘ha? who?’. But if you just say ‘it’s by Chef Chris’, people would be like ‘oohh the panizza guy’. People know me simply as Chef Chris,” Chef Chris says.
Panizza is a fine crisp dough, layered with a blend of five different cheese and herbs, perfected with your favorite toppings and served with a bowl of arugula and alfalfa sprouts.
The ceremony before that much-awaited bite makes the difference. Chef Chris had a small demo how he’d always admired that excitement in devouring that temptation in a plate. Get a slice of the panizza, usually five to seven inches strip is a good one, top it with greens (arugula and alfalfa sprouts), then roll it up similar to sushi-making.
Here’s a list of panizza availableat My Kitchen:
• DON CARMELO – spicy chorizo, anchovies, thyme and pecorino cheese
• PRIMAVERA – roasted red and green peppers, tomatoes, fresh mushroom, artichoke hearts, caramelized onions and anchovies
• PAMPLONA – chorizo, salami, bacon, mushrooms
• KRISTINA – bacon, ham, caramelized onion, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms
• STEFANO – plain cheese with parmesan, garlic and rosemary
• JANDO – Italian salami, toasted garlic, chili flakes, and sun-dried tomatoes
• SAINT JACQUES – US scallop flakes, sun-dried tomatoes and chili flakes
• GENOVESE – pesto-infused cheese, sauce topped with shrimp, grouper dices and capers
You can match your panizza with some of My Kitchen’s most recommended roster of Italian dishes like Golden Ricotta and Parmesan Gnocchi, Chargrilled Angus Flank Steak, Spaghetti Tuna Arabiata and Home-Made Italian Sausages.
At My Kitchen, you can taste the exquisite flavors of Italy without going an extra mile.