Feast of local delights
April 26th, 2019
One of the things that we usually find when we are out of town are local foods that we love to share.
Of course, we love our local foods because we rarely taste them in our daily living.
And yes, it’s Aliwan Fiesta 2019! Apart from the Pasakalye, the Search for Festival Queens, the Grand Parade and Streetdance Competition, there is another factor that you must love during this annual Aliwan Fiesta celebration, it’s the Shoppers’ Bazaar!
The Shopper’s Bazaar every year showcases all the local food, delicacies, specialties, products and even handicrafts that we can found in provinces.
Present this year are the following:
1. Cremeria Ecijana- milk products from Nueva Ecija that extracted directly from carabaos. It is available in pure milk, chocolate, buko pandan, strawberry and many others.
2. Yulaik Food Products- Products from the Bicol region. Available are various kinds of dried fish, pili nuts, “panotsa,” bread pastes and fruit wines.
3. Batangas Pasalubong- goods and delicacies coming from the south, Batangas province.
4. Dapuyen’s Vigan Empanada- One of the popular and most-awaited stall in the Aliwan bazaar because of the authentic taste of empanada and Vigan longganisa. Also available are corn crackers, sweets and “sukang Iloko.”
5. Bacolod Sweetness Pasalubong- sweet products that comes from the “city of smiles,” Bacolod City. Sweet includes “piaya,” “barquillos,” and sweet tarts.
6. Quezon’s Best- became popular by their native vinegar, broas biscuits, “pancit habhab” and special “tikoy.”
7. Manggahan Festival from Western Visayas- The province of Guimaras is known for their sweet mangoes and now available at their stall with mango juice and dried mango chips.
The good thing about this bazaar in Aliwan Fiesta, the price they have in the province is the same price they bring to customers!
Want to feel local? Want to feel like in the province? Visit the Aliwan Fiesta Shoppers’ Bazaar.